The biennial Nemmers Prizes were established in 1994 to recognize work of lasting significance in the disciplines of economics and mathematics. The music prize was added in 2004.
News and Announcements
Nemmers Recipient Lars Peter Hansen Named Nobel Laureate
Lars Peter Hansen, recipient of the 2006 Erwin Plein Nemmers Prize in Economics was recently named a Nobel Laureate. He is the sixth Nemmers recipient subsequently to be awarded the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel. More>
Upcoming nomination deadlines
The nomination deadline for the 2014 Erwin Plein Nemmers Prize in Economics and the 2014 Frederic Esser Nemmers Prize in Mathematics has passed. Nominations for the 2016 Prizes will be accepted through December 1, 2015.
Nemmers to Nobel
The Nemmers family envisioned that the Prizes would carry the prestige of the Nobel Prizes. Indeed, six of ten recipients of the Erwin Plein Nemmers Prize in Economics have since received a Nobel prize.
- Lars Peter Hansen, Nemmers Prize recipient 2006; Nobel Laureate 2013
- Edward C. Prescott, Nemmers Prize recipient 2002; Nobel Laureate 2004
- Daniel McFadden, Nemmers Prize recipient 2000; Nobel Laureate 2000
- Robert Aumann, Nemmers Prize recipient 1998; Nobel Laureate 2005
- Thomas Sargent, Nemmers Prize recipient 1996; Nobel Laureate 2011
- Peter Diamond, Nemmers Prize recipient 1994; Nobel Laureate 2010